Hello. It would help if you specified the colors used in the screenshot exactly. Then we could at least compare colors for X11 and Nextstep. Jan D. 26 nov 2012 kl. 22:46 skrev chad : > On 26 Nov 2012, at 12:38, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> I know some people prefer the MacPort over our NS port (and vice-versa), >> but I don't know that the difference can be such that the NS port is not >> even an option. >> Of course, maybe I just forgot about it. Do we have a bug-number(s) for >> the corresponding problem(s)? > > I had hoped to try to merge some of the mac port changes after > the last round of discussion indicated that merging was, let's > say unlikely. Aside from reliability issues in both ports (which > I assume are bugs to be hunted and killed as normal), I think the > biggest issue is the color space and font handling. Whether or > not this bothers you depends on your personal settings, in my > experience - when I first started looking into this, I used a set > of colors and fonts that really didn't show any important (to me) > differences between the two, but I have since started using a > zenburn theme that really highlights the issue. I'm including a > clipping that I hope illustrates the issue, with the mac port on > the left and the ns port on the right. > > I'm hoping to take another shot at merging display approaches > when the ports line up again for 24.3, but I wouldn't wait anyone > to rely on me - I'm not familiar with the subsystems involved, > and my free time is sporadic. > > I hope this helps, > ~Chad > > > > >