* UTF-8 problem with rmail From line
@ 2009-02-10 14:16 İsmail Dönmez
From: İsmail Dönmez @ 2009-02-10 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs- devel

Hi,

This is a very old problem for me at least 2-3 years. But since rmail
got active development again. Here goes the bug report. My name in
/etc/passwd is defined as:

cartman:x:1000:1000:İsmail Dönmez,,,:/home/cartman:/bin/zsh

Now in emacs when I do C-x m , I see the following:

From: "=?utf-8?Q?=C4=B0smail_D=C3=B6nmez?=" <cartman@uzaklarda>
Subject:
--text follows this line--

So the name is pretty much garbage now. Is this somehow expected or is it a bug?

Regards,
ismail