* comint.el enhancement request
@ 2008-06-12 18:01 Trey Jackson
From: Trey Jackson @ 2008-06-12 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

All,

comint.el has 3 locations where it sets the completion-ignore-case like so:

   (let* ((completion-ignore-case (memq system-type '(ms-dos windows-nt cygwin)))

As it appears the comint completion is used for filenames, I'd suggest
having the completion-ignore-case (optionally?) set to:

   read-file-name-completion-ignore-case

I can provide a patch if desired.

TJ

--
Trey Jackson
bigfaceworm@gmail.com

Paul's Law: You can't fall off the floor.

* Re: comint.el enhancement request
@ 2008-06-13 15:00 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-06-13 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trey Jackson; +Cc: emacs-devel

> comint.el has 3 locations where it sets the completion-ignore-case like so:

>    (let* ((completion-ignore-case (memq system-type '(ms-dos windows-nt cygwin)))

> As it appears the comint completion is used for filenames, I'd suggest
> having the completion-ignore-case (optionally?) set to:

>    read-file-name-completion-ignore-case

Looks like this has been changed in the trunk already a while ago.
Were you looking at the Emacs-22 code, by any chance?

* Re: comint.el enhancement request
@ 2008-06-13 15:19   ` Trey Jackson
From: Trey Jackson @ 2008-06-13 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel