Hi, recently I ran into the following DBus-related problem: In order to write a telepathy client [1], it is required to provide a certain DBus-Interface under a special well-known name. Some telepathy component seems to start calling methods immediately after the well-known name is taken. Since the interface consists of multiple methods/properties, it cannot be ensured that the interface is completely available when the name is taken and the first calls are made using Emacs' current DBus-interface. This is due to the fact that the function `dbus-register-method' immediately takes the name. To allow Emacs to work with this kind of DBus-interfaces, I suggest the changes implemented in the attached patch. I don't known the Emacs C code well very well, so it probably needs revision. An example for which this change is necessary can be found in the function `telepathy-client-register' in the attached file client.el from my telepathy bindings. Do you think this patch could be applied? Kind regards, Jan [1] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Client.html