Dear Emacs developers, I wrote a dynamic pattern-matching that restricts in real-time the display of a list of items to the ones matching the typed pattern. Since it uses a standard buffer it shows the said list over a large visual space, which is very practical. Among other things, it provides an efficient way of visiting a file picked in recentf-list. To try it, you just need the file selector.el attached and something like this in your ~/.emacs.el (when (load "selector" t) (define-key global-map [(control x) (control b)] 'selector/switch-buffer) (define-key global-map [(control x) (control q)] 'selector/quick-pick-recent) ) As far as I could test, it works with emacs21, emacs22 and emacs CVS. Regards, -- Francois Fleuret http://www.idiap.ch/~fleuret/