On March 22, 2023 20:00:23 Yuan Fu wrote: >> On Mar 22, 2023, at 1:49 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote: >> >> Is there a general-purpose through which we can avoid line indentation >> oscillating as the user types when the AST is temporarily invalid, >> e.g. after '(' or '{'? I'm checking out the C++ tree-sitter mode, and >> one of the more disconcerting things is the current line's indentation >> changing rapidly as I type. Is it feasible to create ERROR recovery >> indentation rules for every conceivable situation? > > Yes, but in reality, I think all we need is a couple special case for the > unmatched ( and {’s. Can you think of other cases of blinking indentations? > > Yuan But TS reacts to missing closing brackets by clarifying the whole nearby expression as ERROR. It's not, as would be more useful, saying "here's a stray (, and everything else is normal and parsed as if that ( were absent"