* Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-01 17:37 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-09-01 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'll roll the 22.2.92 pretest later this week.

Depending on the circumstances, this may be the final pretest before the
22.3 release.  I believe most people on this list are using the trunk
for their daily work.  If possible, please switch temporarily to the
pretest once it is released, so as to give it as much final testing as
possible.

At this point, all checkins to the branch should be for regressions
against Emacs 22.2 only.  If in doubt, send me or Stefan an email.

* Re: Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-01 19:10 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-09-01 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com>
> Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:37:30 -0400
>
> I'll roll the 22.2.92 pretest later this week.
>
> Depending on the circumstances, this may be the final pretest before the
> 22.3 release.  I believe most people on this list are using the trunk
> for their daily work.  If possible, please switch temporarily to the
> pretest once it is released, so as to give it as much final testing as
> possible.

Is the emacs-pretesters list dead?  If not, did someone remember to
send mail there announcing the pretest and asking for reports on
whatever platforms the pretesters use?

* Re: Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-01 20:21   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-09-01 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Is the emacs-pretesters list dead?  If not, did someone remember to
> send mail there announcing the pretest and asking for reports on
> whatever platforms the pretesters use?

I BCC the pretesters list on each pretest announcement.

* Re: Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-02  3:22     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-09-02  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com>
> Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 16:21:52 -0400
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Is the emacs-pretesters list dead?  If not, did someone remember to
> > send mail there announcing the pretest and asking for reports on
> > whatever platforms the pretesters use?
>
> I BCC the pretesters list on each pretest announcement.

And the results, in terms of platforms where the pretest is known to
build and work?

* Re: Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-02  4:03       ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-09-02  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > Is the emacs-pretesters list dead?  If not, did someone remember to
>> > send mail there announcing the pretest and asking for reports on
>> > whatever platforms the pretesters use?
>>
>> I BCC the pretesters list on each pretest announcement.
>
> And the results, in terms of platforms where the pretest is known to
> build and work?

I only have results for Windows, OS X, GNU/Linux, and Solaris.  Do you
know if the pretesters test on more extensive platforms than this?  If
so, I have not received word.

(Incidentally, the reason I'm trying to get a 22.3 release out soon is
that Romaine has recently found a security-related bug.)

* Re: Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-02 19:20         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-09-02 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com>
> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 00:03:45 -0400
>
> > And the results, in terms of platforms where the pretest is known to
> > build and work?
>
> I only have results for Windows, OS X, GNU/Linux, and Solaris.  Do you
> know if the pretesters test on more extensive platforms than this?  If
> so, I have not received word.

It used to be more, but I guess that will have to do.  We cannot
control who of the pretesters get back to us.

> (Incidentally, the reason I'm trying to get a 22.3 release out soon is
> that Romaine has recently found a security-related bug.)

Understood.

* Re: Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-03  0:10 ` Ulrich Mueller
From: Ulrich Mueller @ 2008-09-03  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I'll roll the 22.2.92 pretest later this week.
> Depending on the circumstances, this may be the final pretest before
> the 22.3 release. I believe most people on this list are using the
> trunk for their daily work. If possible, please switch temporarily
> to the pretest once it is released, so as to give it as much final
> testing as possible.

Gentoo has included 22.2.92 in package app-editors/emacs (instead of
app-editors/emacs-cvs where we had .90 and .91).

So all our Emacs 22 users which are accepting unstable/testing
packages should get the pretest version.

Ulrich

* Re: Next pretest this week
@ 2008-09-03  2:41           ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2008-09-03  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: cyd, emacs-devel

    > I only have results for Windows, OS X, GNU/Linux, and Solaris.  Do you
    > know if the pretesters test on more extensive platforms than this?  If
    > so, I have not received word.

    It used to be more, but I guess that will have to do.  We cannot
    control who of the pretesters get back to us.

We can recruit new pretesters if we want.
We could particularly ask users of other systems
to offer to pretest.