* Summer of Code project?
@ 2008-04-04 13:17 David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2008-04-04 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Probably the deadlines are over, but it just occured to me that
Emacs-Bidi would probably be close to a perfect candidate:
well-determined task for a student with a particular interest.
Important for pretty much the whole Near East, poster project.

Well, maybe next year...

--
David Kastrup

* Summer of Code project?
@ 2008-04-04 19:46 ` Stephen J. Turnbull
From: Stephen J. Turnbull @ 2008-04-04 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Kastrup; +Cc: emacs-devel

David Kastrup writes:

 > Probably the deadlines are over, but it just occured to me that
 > Emacs-Bidi would probably be close to a perfect candidate:
 > well-determined task for a student with a particular interest.
 > Important for pretty much the whole Near East, poster project.

I believe applications are open until April 7.

I would be interested in helping with the project, although I'm
probably not an appropriate mentor for organizational reasons.

* Re: Summer of Code project?
@ 2008-04-05 16:10   ` nicolas vigier
From: nicolas vigier @ 2008-04-05 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2008-04-04, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@xemacs.org> wrote:
> David Kastrup writes:
> >
> > Probably the deadlines are over, but it just occured to me that
> > Emacs-Bidi would probably be close to a perfect candidate:
> > well-determined task for a student with a particular interest.
> > Important for pretty much the whole Near East, poster project.
>
> I believe applications are open until April 7.

April 7 is the deadline for student applications, but it's already too
late for mentoring organizations.

* Summer of Code project?
@ 2008-04-10 13:37 ` T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2008-04-10 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dak; +Cc: emacs-devel

yes, the deadlines for this year is past, but it's definitely a
worthy candidate project and should be submitted next year.

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net