From: A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>
To: herring@lanl.gov
Cc: "Emacs   Dev  \[emacs-devel\]" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Indentation of constants in LISP
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:17:56 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

> Message du 20/02/07 à 19h04
> De : "Stuart D. Herring" <herring@lanl.gov>
> A : alinsoar@voila.fr
> Copie à : emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Objet : Re: Indentation of constants in LISP
>
> > This is not a problem at all, because in this case this old situation is
> > also a problem:
> >
> > (prog2
> >   z)
>
> How is this a problem?  `prog2' is supposed to indent its first two
> arguments specially:
>
> Symbol prog2's plist is
>  (lisp-indent-function 2)
>
> >>     (foo :a b :c d
> >>               :e f)
> >
> > This is OK.
>
> Er, what?  Just because two constant-value pairs fit on one line, I don't
> follow that we should align everything that follows to the latter.

When I posted it , I wrote:

It's not an exhaustive treatment, because there is not an
exhaustive definition of this kind of alignement.

When I wrote the code, I supposed that some special commands, like prog2, etc will take CONSTANT symbols as the last parameters, not the first as you write. The constant symbols are special cases. Where in all Emacs do you see a code like that one of which you say here?

First of all look at the code of Emacs. Where, in all thousands of lines of Emacs, do you find a code as you do critique here:

(prog2
 :b

A Soare