* find-file for PostScript programs
@ 2007-10-18  9:26 Ulrich Mueller
From: Ulrich Mueller @ 2007-10-18  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: emacs

Hi,

after my last sync from the CVS trunk, I've noticed that the default
behaviour for find-file on a .ps or .eps file has changed: It now
immediately switches to "doc-view mode" instead of displaying the
source code of the file.

This gets into the way of editing PostScript source code and I find
the new behaviour really annoying.

The first line of the find-file docstring reads: "Edit file FILENAME."
From this I would expect Emacs to choose an editing mode for the
file's buffer whenever possible.

Please consider making ps-mode the default for editing Postscript
files again.

Ulrich

* Re: find-file for PostScript programs
@ 2007-10-18 20:37 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-10-18 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulrich Mueller; +Cc: emacs, emacs-devel

On Thu, Oct 18 2007, Ulrich Mueller wrote:

> Please consider making ps-mode the default for editing Postscript
> files again.

Done, cf. <v9bqawi2sf.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de> or
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/80123/focus=81164>.

Bye, Reiner.