On 22-Sep-2007, Richard Stallman wrote: | This patch does not apply cleanly to the octave-inf.el file that is | distributed with Octave. I think the octave-{inf,mod,hlp}.el files | that are included with Emacs have diverged from the versions that are | distributed with Octave. It would be helpful if someone could | reconcile the differences. | | Have both versions been differently maintained? If only the versions | in Emacs have been changed, then it's simple. | | Should we even continue to distribute | these files with Octave? | | I think there is no reason to do so, now that they are in Emacs. | However, if improvements have been made in the versions distributed | with Octave, we should merge them into Emacs. Sorry for the delay in responding. The only reason I can think of is if some Octave users have lost their way and are XEmacs users. But then I think the fix is relatively easy at this point as it only requires removing the last two args from the calls to define-abbrev. In any case, I'd rather not have duplicated versions, so I'm happy to remove the Octave mode files from the Octave distribution and recommend that people use GNU Emacs for editing Octave files. I noticed the following changes that were in my copy of octave-mod.el are not in the latest version in the Emacs CVS archive. Thanks, jwe