* .gdbinit
@ 2006-06-23 13:11 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-06-23 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

The file .gdbinit has such a large amount of useful commands that it
probably justifies a section in some manual, perhaps an appendix to
the ELisp manual.  At the very least, we should have a text file
etc/SOMETHING which describes those commands and gives some advice
when to use them.

* Re: .gdbinit
@ 2006-06-23 14:35 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2006-06-23 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> The file .gdbinit has such a large amount of useful commands that it
> probably justifies a section in some manual, perhaps an appendix to
> the ELisp manual.  At the very least, we should have a text file
> etc/SOMETHING which describes those commands and gives some advice
> when to use them.

I have added some information to etc/DEBUG.

Please have a look.

* Re: .gdbinit
@ 2006-06-23 18:15   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-06-23 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm)
> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:35:53 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > The file .gdbinit has such a large amount of useful commands that it
> > probably justifies a section in some manual, perhaps an appendix to
> > the ELisp manual.  At the very least, we should have a text file
> > etc/SOMETHING which describes those commands and gives some advice
> > when to use them.
>
> I have added some information to etc/DEBUG.
>
> Please have a look.

Thank you.  I added a pointer to that description near the beginning
of the file.

* Re: .gdbinit
@ 2006-06-23 22:03     ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2006-06-23 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, Kim F. Storm

Eli Zaretskii writes:
 > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
 > > From: storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm)
 > > Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:35:53 +0200
 > >
 > > Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
 > >
 > > > The file .gdbinit has such a large amount of useful commands that it
 > > > probably justifies a section in some manual, perhaps an appendix to
 > > > the ELisp manual.  At the very least, we should have a text file
 > > > etc/SOMETHING which describes those commands and gives some advice
 > > > when to use them.
 > >
 > > I have added some information to etc/DEBUG.
 > >
 > > Please have a look.
 >
 > Thank you.  I added a pointer to that description near the beginning
 > of the file.

Following on from what Eli said in his first post, I think that it would be a
good idea at some stage to put DEBUG into the Elisp manual assuming that size
isn't an issue.  The references to other manuals could then be made into
hyperlinks.