On 3/21/19 6:08 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > Hmm... would there be a way to make it so configure accepts options like > > ./configure ... --with-xpm=ifavailable --with-jpeg=ifavailable ... > > so you can use a single script on all systems and it will use xpm > where available? That's simple, and it sounds like it would make Nelson's job easier. My job too, as I occasionally build on multiple Solaris systems, which often lack some of these libraries. I installed the attached patch on master; it won't be in the Emacs 26.2 release but I hope it survives into Emacs 27.