* elisp manual: get-lru-window
@ 2004-04-09 20:45 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2004-04-09 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

The elisp manual says:

 - Function: get-lru-window &optional frame
     This function returns the window least recently "used" (that is,
     selected).  The selected window is always the most recently used
     window.

     The selected window can be the least recently used window if it is
     the only window.  A newly created window becomes the least
     recently used window until it is selected.  A minibuffer window is
     never a candidate.

The source says:

  /* First try for a window that is full-width */
  w = window_loop (GET_LRU_WINDOW, Qt, 0, frame);
  if (!NILP (w) && !EQ (w, selected_window))
    return w;
  /* If none of them, try the rest */
  return window_loop (GET_LRU_WINDOW, Qnil, 0, frame);

I think the manual and the documentation string should be changed to say that
full-width windows are considered first.

Nick

* Re: elisp manual: get-lru-window
@ 2004-04-11  2:35 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2004-04-11  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I think the manual and the documentation string should be changed to say that
    full-width windows are considered first.

Yes, could you do that and show me the diffs?

* Re: elisp manual: get-lru-window
@ 2004-04-12 23:06   ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2004-04-12 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 >     I think the manual and the documentation string should be changed to
 >     say that full-width windows are considered first.
 >
 > Yes, could you do that and show me the diffs?

*** window.c	04 Mar 2004 18:49:25 +0000	1.462
--- window.c	12 Apr 2004 22:40:12 +0100
***************
*** 2078,2083 ****
--- 2078,2084 ----

  DEFUN ("get-lru-window", Fget_lru_window, Sget_lru_window, 0, 1, 0,
         doc: /* Return the window least recently selected or used for display.
+ Return a full-width window if possible.
  If optional argument FRAME is `visible', search all visible frames.
  If FRAME is 0, search all visible and iconified frames.
  If FRAME is t, search all frames.

*** windows.texi	20 Feb 2004 00:42:09 +0000	1.70
--- windows.texi	12 Apr 2004 22:44:13 +0100
*** 455,461 ****

  @defun get-lru-window &optional frame

--- 455,462 ----

  @defun get-lru-window &optional frame
  This function returns the window least recently ``used'' (that is,
! selected).  If full-width windows are present, it only considers
! these.  The selected window is always the most recently used window.