Kenny Stevens writes: > Do we _always_ want to only check the msgstr values, or does it make > sense to check the English text as well? It doesn't really make sense to check the msgid. The msgid is a key which is looked up by a program, where the text comes from. If the msgid was corrected in the po-file, the result would be this entry would never be found. Spelling checking of those would need to be done and corrected in the source C/C++/etc. file to be meaningful. > I would prefer to have this automatic based on major or minor mode. I > didn't locate any po-mode library... can you send that to me to help > testing? I attach the version which comes bundled with emacs in Red Hat. Note though, that I don't consider this work finished. PO-mode sets the buffer in read-only mode and only allows editing of the appropriate regions by special commands. That means I only use ispell for checking so far, the actual correction needs a second iteration. Karl Eichwalder suggested this solution (defun po-ispell () (interactive) (let ((buffer-read-only nil)) (ispell))) That could be a good idea, and then binding it to some key. But that should be done in po-mode.el rather than ispell.el. Bruno, it is you who maintain po-mode.el now, IIRC. What do you think? > In my short evaluation, the following regexp seems to be an > improvement: > > ("^msgid" . "^msgstr") > > replaced by: > > ("^\\(#~ \\)?msgid" . "^\\(#~ \\)?msgstr") Yes, that makes sense.