* font associated to buffer ?
@ 2007-03-01 10:47 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-01 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

It could be possible to associate the font with a buffer, not with a frame?

This for the future releases.

For example, I set my default font is "X". When I run M-x new-frame the font will be different of X. I must call M-x set-default-
font to have x.

* Re: font associated to buffer ?
@ 2007-03-01 22:32 ` Stuart D. Herring
From: Stuart D. Herring @ 2007-03-01 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: emacs-devel

> It could be possible to associate the font with a buffer, not with a
> frame?

One could give a 'face property to all the text in the buffer, or use an
overlay.

> For example, I set my default font is "X". When I run M-x new-frame the
> font will be different of X. I must call M-x set-default-
> font to have x.

...But it sounds like you just want to have one font everywhere.  In that
case, you should adjust `default-frame-alist'.

Davis

shipping.

* Re: font associated to buffer ?
@ 2007-03-01 22:51 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-01 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: herring; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> > For example, I set my default font is "X". When I run M-x new-frame the
> > font will be different of X. I must call M-x set-default-
> > font to have x.
>
> ...But it sounds like you just want to have one font everywhere.  In that
> case, you should adjust `default-frame-alist'.

No. For example, for buffers that contain the string NAME in their name I ALWAYS want the font X, for the buffer with the exact name NAME2 I want font Y, etc, and these associations I want to set up from .emacs.

* Re: font associated to buffer ?
@ 2007-03-01 22:54 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-01 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: herring; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> ...But it sounds like you just want to have one font everywhere.  In that
> case, you should adjust `default-frame-alist'.

And I would be interested not just to associate the font to a buffer, but also the background color. In this moment there is the lib written by M. Adams Drew that change this, but for a frame, not for a buffer.