On Thu, Aug 2, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Which is fine. But can't we have a defface for this whose default >> value is nil? > Of course. OK. Sounds good. In which case... Where do I start? Do I just start hacking at lisp/font-lock.el and send in patches, or should we discuss which faces would be useful to add first? Personally I see at least a need for: * font-lock-function-call-face * font-lock-decorator-face ("decorator" is another commonly used for the "attribute" concept and less likely to be confused with for instance HTML/XML attributes) Are there any other nice-to-have default faces anyone can think of? Besides the actual LISP-code itself... What's the process for documenting such changes? What other "house-keeping" needs to go with such a code-change? Let me know, and I'll try to get it done. -- Regards Jostein Kjønigsen jostein@kjonigsen.net 🍵 jostein@gmail.com https://jostein.kjonigsen.net