Thanks Stefan. That's great help and for now will allow me to provide working C# support to Emacs 26 users, while I work out what to do with our troublesome usage of internal cc-mode functions. I really appreciate it. I picked up this project as a community service when editing C# stopped working sometime in Emacs 24, and it would be pretty daft to simply give up on it now. :) -- Regards Jostein Kjønigsen On Mon, Mar 12, 2018, at 11:40 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Is there any way for package to know how many mandatory arguments a >> function has, to be able to branch out for compatibility reasons? > > The way I recommend is: > > (condition-case nil > (call1 ...) > (wrong-number-of-arguments > (call2 ...))) > > > -- Stefan > >