On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > Of course. But I'd suggest putting it into ELPA, if only because then > Emacs 24 users would also be able to enjoy it. I think it would be more practical to ship it together with json.el (which is currently bundled with Emacs), because json-mode.el is tightly coupled with it. For instance, the prettification commands that json-mode.el borrows from json.el don't work well in Emacs >25, because of bugs #16373, #17133, and #21488. > There is the issue of another mode with the same name, though: > https://github.com/joshwnj/json-mode > > It's also relatively simple, and it's distributed via MELPA. I've > used it for .json files for a while. > > Maybe you could contact the author, and agree on a merge of some > kind? I guess what's important is that Josh doesn't feel left out, > and that the one resulting mode doesn't lose on features. > > If Josh doesn't have copyright assignment signed, you might have to > re-implement a command or two yourself. Good thinking, Dmitry, Josh should definitely be included in the process. I've contacted him to hear what he thinks. -- Simen