I haven’t looked at python.el in a long while but last time I did, it was not PEP 8 compliant. -Barry > On Mar 21, 2022, at 06:37, T.V Raman wrote: > > Andreas Röhler writes: > > > The bigger question: > > There were clearly reasons for the existence of these two in the past > --- python.el and python-mode.el -- do those reasons still exist. They > each have almost similar functionality -- and it may be worthwhile for > some wise heads to come together and create a single, consolidated > python package for emacs. > > I can vouch from my own use that this split causes massive confusion. > >> Hi, >> >> Currently, both python.el and python-mode.el define a minor-mode >> called "python-mode". Which may create some confusion. Wouldn't it be >> more natural if both files provide modes according to their filename? >> I.e. python.el should establish "python" as minor-mode, python-mode.el >> sends "python-mode". >> >> Best, >> >> Andreas >> >> > > -- > > Thanks, > > --Raman(I Search, I Find, I Misplace, I Research) > ♈ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1 🦮