* Redrawn antialiased characters become bolder
@ 2008-03-02  9:54 Anders Kaseorg
From: Anders Kaseorg @ 2008-03-02  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

When using emacs-snapshot-gtk 1:20080228-1 in hardy with antialiased
fonts, characters often become distractingly bolder when they are
redrawn.

In this screenshot, I typed a line of text twice.  After typing the
second line, I moved to the beginning of the line, then moved right
character by character to the end.  This causes the second line to be
redrawn without being erased, so it ends up bolder than the first:

<http://foo.kaseorg.com/~anders/emacs-redrawn-characters.png>

Anders

* Re: Redrawn antialiased characters become bolder
@ 2008-03-02 11:40 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2008-03-02 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Anders Kaseorg <andersk@mit.edu> writes:

> When using emacs-snapshot-gtk 1:20080228-1 in hardy with antialiased
> fonts, characters often become distractingly bolder when they are
> redrawn.
>
> In this screenshot, I typed a line of text twice.  After typing the
> second line, I moved to the beginning of the line, then moved right
> character by character to the end.  This causes the second line to be
> redrawn without being erased, so it ends up bolder than the first:
>
> <http://foo.kaseorg.com/~anders/emacs-redrawn-characters.png>

Also see

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/89392

--