Hi Stefan! Thanks for contacting us! 2 days ago Stefan Monnier wrote: > Hello rst.el maintainers. Weiwei Guo submitted a patch to rst.el to > improve the handling of enumerated items. Wei-Wei submitted this or a similar patch a while ago to the docutils project. Unfortunately it has not been integrated yet - due to lack of time. > It seems OK to me, but since I don't use rst.el my judgment might not > be very relevant. Could you confirm that we should install it? I'm just preparing a new version of rst.el for the Emacs development. It merges the downstream patches from you Emacs developers with a couple of improvements I did in the upstream version in the docutils version. IMHO it would be wiser that I integrate Wei-Wei's patch in the upstream version. > I have included the original patch as well as an alternative patch which > includes additional (untested) changes I made to improve the coding > style (and fix an apparent bug in his patch w.r.t handling > rst-re-items). Thanks for this. I'd suggest this: I'll look at your version of the patch and include in the upstream version in the docutils project and then send the result to the Emacs developers. I think this would be the best way also because in my local development environment I'm maintaining all the versions of rst.el I know of so I'm probably the only one who can merge all the changes properly. Since I now have an improved version of this patch I'll do this immediately. Is that ok for you? Grüße Stefan