* Hiding every password in Emacs
@ 2004-10-03  7:42 Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2004-10-03  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Some shell mode (shell.el) user told us that this mode does not hide
passwords by default.

Would it possible to hide password for all modes using comint by
adding this default configuration?

(add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions
          'comint-watch-for-password-prompt)

Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant

* Re: Hiding every password in Emacs
@ 2004-10-12 22:29 ` Detlev Zundel
From: Detlev Zundel @ 2004-10-12 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Some shell mode (shell.el) user told us that this mode does not hide
> passwords by default.
>
> Would it possible to hide password for all modes using comint by
> adding this default configuration?
>
> (add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions
>           'comint-watch-for-password-prompt)
>
> Thanks.

I'll second this suggestion as I often come across Emacsen without my
.emacs and I would like to see the behaviour there as a default as
well.

Thanks
  Detlev

--
five monkeys, two typewriters, ten minutes