Hi folks, Included is a very simple patch to vc.el which implements a useful addition to the vc annotate functionality: the ability to jump to a specific version prompted for via the minibuffer. Among other things, this is useful because it lets you jump to a named tag or branch. I would appreciate it if someone would check this in to CVS, as it's a low risk change that could be useful to a lot of people who will be using 21.4. If you need a statement of assignment of copyright for these 9 lines of code, just let me know what it should look like. Here's a possible ChangeLog entry: 2004-08-27 First Last * vc.el (vc-annotate-chosen-revision): New function. Thanks, Jesse ----- Original message ----- From: jbyler+emacs-lists@anon41.eml.cc To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:46:11 -0400 Subject: New Function vc-annotate-chosen-revision Hi all, I just discovered the new functionality added to vc-annotate back in January, and it's GREAT! - very handy features (viewing logs & diffs & changing versions). One thing I thought would augment it a little would be the ability to jump to an arbitrary revision. Since the code is all so nicely modular it was a snap to write; I'm including a patch to vc.el in the hopes that it can be installed in CVS for inclusion in emacs 21.4. Thanks! -Jesse