[ No need to CC me, I do read emacs-devel ] On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 19:36, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > I have moved all the killing stuff out from simple.el into kill-ring.el; > > I think that's a good idea, but as Miles pointed out, it makes the patch > "unreadable", so please make the change in two steps. Ok. Please find a version of the patch attached which keeps things in simple.el. It's not arranged as nicely as I would like, but it does show pretty clearly that there are almost no changes to previously existing functions. > You'll need to add kill-ring.elc to the list of files to pass > to make-docfile (in src/Makefile.in) if it's preloaded. Thanks, I'll remember to do that. > By "have text-property" it seems you mean "have non-nil text-property". > Check `default-text-properties' to discover that the two notions > are actually different. Docstrings fixed, thanks.