On 10 Nov 2005, at 19:34, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> This patch ensures that menu items are disabled when they should be, >> i.e. when there is no applicable visible and non-iconified frame. > > Could you explain why this is needed? If there's no visible frame, > the menu isn't visible as well, so no one will notice that the menu > items are enabled. > > Or am I missing something? Yes you are :) Menus are not always inside frames. On my machine, they're on top and perfectly accessible when there is no window... I think we already have a few frame-live-p/frame-visible-p checks in menu-bar, they're just not very complete. - D