* i18n - Revisited
@ 2017-04-26 19:32 Fernando Botelho
From: Fernando Botelho @ 2017-04-26 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi everyone,

I have read many messages on the archive and talked extensively with a
developer friend about this, so I think I understand that
internationalization in the context of Emacs is extremely complex, as
well as a very large job in terms of volume.

Having said that, I would like to know if beyond the compatibility with
various character sets and the availability of the tutorial in other
languages (and other i18n improvements which, not being a dev, I will
probably not understand), has the i18n process stopped?

In other words, is there anyone currently working on additional i18n
features for Emacs?

I ask because I might be able to help with translators, or in other
ways, assuming I can connect the utility of the work with the project I
am starting.

BTW, the project I am starting seeks to make Emacs and Emacspeak more
accessible/understandable to non-technical users who are blind and speak
either Portuguese, Spanish, French, or Arabic.

Thank you,

Fernando