* Carbon build on Mac OS 9
@ 2005-03-04 11:48 YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2005-03-04 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just installed some changes for the Carbon build on Mac OS 9.  The
command

  make Emacs -f makefile.MPW > Emacs.MakeScript && Emacs.MakeScript

now creates the Carbon build.  The non-Carbon build can still be
compiled with

  make NonCarbon -f makefile.MPW > NonCarbon.MakeScript && NonCarbon.MakeScript

(Executing "make Clean -f makefile.MPW > Clean.MakeScript &&
Clean.MakeScript" would be needed before making another build.)

Features available in the Carbon build include file dialogs,
drag-and-drop support, and unicode menus.  I hope this would make Mac
codes more maintainable.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp

* Re: Carbon build on Mac OS 9
@ 2005-03-04 12:42 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-03-04 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:48:32 +0900
> From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp>
>
> I just installed some changes for the Carbon build on Mac OS 9.

Thanks.

I think this warrants an entry in etc/NEWS (I didn't see such an entry
among the changes you installed).  It should go into the "Installation
Changes" section.

* Re: Carbon build on Mac OS 9
@ 2005-03-05  4:07   ` YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2005-03-05  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>> I just installed some changes for the Carbon build on Mac OS 9.

> I think this warrants an entry in etc/NEWS (I didn't see such an
> entry among the changes you installed).  It should go into the
> "Installation Changes" section.

Thanks for the comment.  I added an entry in etc/NEWS and some
instruction in mac/INSTALL.

As for installation instruction, both mac/README and mac/INSTALL
mention "Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro 6".  But I think the current CVS
can't use it without modification to mac/cw6-mcp.xml.  Unfortunately I
can't test because I don't have it.  Could anyone test with it?
Otherwise maybe we should remove CodeWarrior stuff in the next
release.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp

* Re: Carbon build on Mac OS 9
@ 2005-03-05 11:30     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-03-05 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:07:38 +0900
> From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Thanks for the comment.  I added an entry in etc/NEWS and some
> instruction in mac/INSTALL.

Thanks.