* Improvement in emacs-diffs list
@ 2004-12-11 18:26 Richard Stallman
       [not found] ` <m3pt1go0pt.fsf@kfs-l.imdomain.dk>
From: Richard Stallman @ 2004-12-11 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to the Savannah hackers team, emacs-diffs should now receive
notifications only for changes to the trunk.

* Re: Improvement in emacs-diffs list
@ 2004-12-12  4:59 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <m3pt1go0pt.fsf@kfs-l.imdomain.dk>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-12-12  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: savannah-hackers, emacs-devel

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:26:38 -0500
>
> Thanks to the Savannah hackers team, emacs-diffs should now receive
> notifications only for changes to the trunk.

Does that mean that I need to remove myself from emacs-trunk-diffs and
resubscribe to emacs-diffs?

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Improvement in emacs-diffs list
       [not found] ` <m3pt1go0pt.fsf@kfs-l.imdomain.dk>
@ 2004-12-12  7:45   ` Sylvain Beucler
From: Sylvain Beucler @ 2004-12-12  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: savannah-hackers, rms, emacs-devel

> > Thanks to the Savannah hackers team, emacs-diffs should now receive
> > notifications only for changes to the trunk.
>
> Which may explain why the last three patches I submitted (to the trunk)
> resulted in three "mail delivery failed" messages from emacs-trunk-diffs
> list:

These messages must have been in the Exim queue when I removed
emacs-trunk-diffs. I though I had waited enough after changing
CVSROOT/loginfo.

--
Sylvain

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Improvement in emacs-diffs list
@ 2004-12-12  7:49   ` Sylvain Beucler
From: Sylvain Beucler @ 2004-12-12  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: savannah-hackers, rms, emacs-devel

> > Thanks to the Savannah hackers team, emacs-diffs should now receive
> > notifications only for changes to the trunk.
>
> Does that mean that I need to remove myself from emacs-trunk-diffs and
> resubscribe to emacs-diffs?

Actually I wasn't aware that this mailing-list, created for testing
purposes, was used by other developers.

RMS asked me to delete emacs-trunk-diffs, so you need to subscribe to
emacs-diffs again. Of course, you needn't unsubscribe from
emacs-trunk-diffs now.

--
Sylvain

* Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Improvement in emacs-diffs list
@ 2004-12-12 21:33     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-12-12 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: savannah-hackers, emacs-devel

> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:49:13 +0100
> From: Sylvain Beucler <beuc@gnu.org>
> Cc: rms@gnu.org, savannah-hackers@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > > Thanks to the Savannah hackers team, emacs-diffs should now receive
> > > notifications only for changes to the trunk.
> >
> > Does that mean that I need to remove myself from emacs-trunk-diffs and
> > resubscribe to emacs-diffs?
>
> Actually I wasn't aware that this mailing-list, created for testing
> purposes, was used by other developers.

I didn't know about emacs-trunk-diffs until I saw its name cited in a
thread on emacs-devel.  Then I recalled my old gripe about large
chunks of irrelevant diffs being sent to emacs-diffs, and said to
myself: great, they finally created a solution for that, but just
forgot to advertize it, or maybe some mail disaster prevented me from
seing the announcement.  And since lists.gnu.org happily let me
subscribe, I never looked back...

> RMS asked me to delete emacs-trunk-diffs, so you need to subscribe to
> emacs-diffs again.

Done, thanks.