From: Steven Tamm <steventamm@mac.com>
Cc: John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: process-connection-type nil & gdb
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:24:11 -0800	[thread overview]

It is fixed in Panther and it probably makes sense to remove the (setq)
from mac-win.el.   However, I'm still using Jaguar, and I still want
the default to be nil so that my diffs don't get truncated.

I think a "better solution" would be to modify process.c to make the
default for process_connection_type to be Qnil on darwin < 7.0.   It
probably makes sense to add this in configure.in, but I'm not sure what
is the most kosher way to do this.  Should it look at the canonical
machine name and then for darwin<7 it will be set to Qnil and darwin>7
to Qt?   Any comments would be appreciated.

Regardless, I think the problem with signaling across a pipe killing
gdb is still a valid one.  If it is an inherent problem, that's fine
with me, but it would be good to know why and put it in etc/PROBLEMS
(unless .

-Steven