* NextStep port is in bad shape
@ 2009-05-04 20:06 Ian Eure
From: Ian Eure @ 2009-05-04 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

So I've been running nightly builds from CVS HEAD for around four
months now, and I'm alarmed to see that Emacs is getting closer to
release, while the NextStep port is in really bad shape.

The main issue is performance. It's _really_ slow. In particular,
using Flyspell makes it really horrible to use (#2056). There also
seem to be problems with slow redrawing. If you highlight a URL in ERC
with the mouse, then move point across it, you can see it lag and
redraw the entire highlighted region. Drawing a highlight over a multi-
line area is so slow that you can watch it draw.

In general, it just doesn't feel like it's ready for a stable release.
Are these issues known and is someone working on them?

  - Ian

* Re: NextStep port is in bad shape
@ 2009-05-04 21:58 ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2009-05-04 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)