Thanks for pointing that out Drew. I think that if I follow Juri's suggestion and rely on isearch-allow-scroll instead of changing the key mapping it should be ok. Gideon. On , Drew Adams wrote: > > Adding a new count argument to `isearch-repeat-forward' is a pretty > > unobtrusive change and is standard Emacs practice. > Not really following this thread, so I don't have an opinion on the > proposed > change (not even sure what it is). > I'd just point out that the use of a prefix arg for the count does change > the > current UI, where the prefix arg has a different meaning. (Not a big deal, > IMO.)